‘We’ve shared so many laughs, given thanks to receive countless awards, partnered with our Rotary family and experienced some fantastic project opportunities’. Here’s just a snapshot of what RCUC has been up to:
We started off with a bang! Partnering with Canberra Rotaract and Brindabella Rotaract. Our major fundraiser and Changeover saw over $1700 raised towards the work of University of Canberra Cancer Research Fund
Within the community space, partnering with our fellow Rotary clubs throughout Canberra has lead to some incredible experiences including volunteering at Floriade gnomes, the Hall Street Party and participating in the Parkinsons Canberra ACT Walk
RCUC is proud to be the first Australian Rotaract Club to participate in the international ‘Rotaract United for Nepal’ project, responding to rebuild a school after the devastating recent earthquakes
Bingo nights, Halloween trivia, joint meetings with Canberra Rotaract and Brindabella Rotaract, hosting school yard games during UC Stress Less Week – you name it and rcuc have been there having a brilliant time!
Australian Rotaract Conference
This year saw a bus load of members from RCUC head up to Sydney for the annual Australian Rotaract Conference!
What an excellent opportunity to hear from amazing guest speakers and reunite with some of our past members and the national Rotaract family.
- HIGHEST MEMBERSHIP INCREASE – AUSTRALIAN ROTARACT AWARDS
- SOCIAL CLUB OF THE YEAR – UC CAMPUS LIFE AWARDS
- O WEEK BEST MARKET DAY STALL – SEMESTER 2 – UC LIFE
- DISTRICT 9710 ROTARACTOR OF THE YEAR – AWARDED TO ANDREW ANTHONY
- AUSTRALIAN ROTARACTOR OF THE YEAR – AWARDED TO ANDREW ANTHONY
Stay tuned next year for some epic projects. We’ve been busy working on amazing projects in the community and international space such as:
- Responsible cafes project to reduce disposable coffee cup usage
- UC community garden & bookshelf
- Rise Against Hunger fundraiser