The Club sponsored the chartering of the Rotaract Club of the University of Canberra which will be run by and for students and young professionals from 18 to 30 years of age, empowering them to create positive change in their community through community, social and professional events.
The Rotary Club of Hall also launched a Scholarship and Vocational Awards Program.
In conjunction with the University of Canberra an on-going scholarship program will award students who meet the University entrance criteria but may be in financial hardship. In this first scholarship year the Club has awarded two scholarships of $5,000 per year for three years of study.
The Club also provided Vocational Awards totaling $4,000 to two worthy building apprentices, for the purchase of tools and equipment in their chosen trade.
Additionally, the Club continues to support the Melba Copland Secondary School FLEX learning program assisting local students who need financial support in the purchase of specific equipment or to cover the costs of training programs.
The Club assisted many young people to achieve individual goals that will benefit the community, and to attend both Rotary and non-Rotary programs.
The Club continues to have a major input into the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) for 18 to 26 year olds, with many of members involved in the organisation and running of the program that is held in January each year.
Following are some of the youth programs the Rotary Club of Hall has sponsored attendees to this year:-
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) for 18 to 26 year olds;
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN) for 14 to 17 year olds;
- National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) for Year 11 students;
- Rotary Youth Exchange Program for senior secondary students to experience a year of schooling in another country.
- Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA)
- The Hague International Model United Nations (THIMUN);
- Murray-Darling School for Freshwater Research.
There are many more opportunities to develop our youth. If you your son or daughter is interested in finding out more, please contact our Director of Youth and Vocational Services.